Friday, October 15, 2010

Homemade Holiday Presents for the Men of Your Life

Some men enjoy receiving just about anything from wines to shirts to pens to food. It is always amazing to see men who loves food, so in my holiday journey to the country, I always try giving lots of homemade foods like bread, caramel, fruit jelly, chocolate covered peanuts, country-flavored cookies, decorated cookies, and even candies. It brings more fun and accomplishment making homemade goodies for gifts on the holidays than simply buying from gift shops.

If you know them, it would be easy to get ideas of things they like. I sent my boss a hat-sized basket with his favorite CDs, I sealed two movie tickets of the latest movie, in a self-made Christmas envelope and dropped it at my brother's house, the next thing I knew my sister in law had already told everyone how pleased they were about my holiday treat.

There are so many things you can think of that men would like, memo holder, penholder, pen flashlights, hats, garden gloves, sports towelettes, gourmet coffee, mugs, fancy creamers, keyholder,hankies and even scarfs! But to me, giving men presents they know were personally made for them gives an extra feeling of being special.


Last year I did gift packages for my Dad, Step-Dad, brothers and brothers in law. I wrapped homemade caramel corn and chocolate cookies in neat Christmas decorative cellophane bags w/pretty ribbon made of husk. I even made little gift boxes of the same contents around the holiday seasons. I can't remember any man in my family and friends circle has ever complained about this gift yet and I've learned that everyone was delighted!

It is very simple to learn. Why not make the same ideas and start planning now. You will enjoy these easy to make, fun to do and wonderful to give homemade presents for the men of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment